Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tuesday's 10

1. I'm ready for our new, back to school routine. I'm ready for the kids to be back in school, for there to be a need for them to be in bed on time every night and to be so tired that they fall asleep quickly.

2. Savannah is going through something - something mind blowingly irritating. She seemed to have progressed with using her words, not whining, being a big girl and then suddenly BAM, she's back to being a baby who whines, doesn't use her words, and can't do anything for herself. I wonder if she's going through a growth spurt. That may actually be the case since last Friday she slept until 9:45 am and 8:45am Sunday morning.

3. I mentioned last week I was reading The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake...yeah the last 150 pages were as slow and boring as the first 150 pages. This week I have Fly Away Home by Jennifer Weiner. I usually love her books so I'm looking forward to reading it. I hate that it's a one week loaner though; it's soo much pressure!

4. I went through Caedmon & Savannah's closets Sunday. I can't believe how much clothes Caedmon has. He doesn't need anything this winter. His closet is packed, jeans and tshirts (boys are so easy to shop for). Poor Savannah though; other than a few pieces of clothing my Mother in Law bought her at Carters last weekend, she has nothing for this winter. I usually buy their clothes at Carters, Target, sometimes The Children's Place or Gymboree but I just haven't seen anything that I love for Savannah for the fall/winter.

5. Are any of you Man vs. Food fans out there? We are, and Caedmon likes that show. So....I think he has a future as a competitive eater. We may or may not make food challenges at home and he totally gets into winning the challenge. Take Sunday morning for instance. I made waffles, scrambled eggs and turkey bacon. I took the waffle and cut it into quarters. The bottom layer was 1/4 of the waffle, topped with a little bit of scrambled eggs and a slice of turkey bacon and then I placed another 1/4 of the waffle on top (so it looked like a waffle sandwich). The kid devoured it. Normally he would have eaten the slice of bacon and maybe 5 bites of waffles; then 20 minutes later tell me he was hungry.

6. My Dad is going back in for another biopsy September 24. His last test showed more spots/tumors on his bladder.

7. We totally had a missed opportunity the other day. Sav's precious, purple paci (the only one is our house) tore (the nipple just wears down over time). I was going to use this as a chance to go cold turkey on her. I told her the paci was sick, it needed to be seen by the paci doctor and then I told her the paci wasn't able to get better and it was gone forever. Oh my! The pain in that child's face, the cries, the tears! You would have thought all the princesses had been in a plane crash. So Matt reasoned with me by pointing out hat Caedmon still technically has his thumb that he sucks; therefore, it is not fair for us to refuse Sav the paci. Caedmon tells us when he turns 5 he won't suck his thumb anymore, so we'll see. In the meantime Sav now has a new paci. WTH is wrong with us?

8. But if you take #2 and #7 and combine then, I don't think I was mentally prepared to go cold turkey on the paci either. I mean that's something I have to prepare myself for and the way that child has been acting these days...it's all I can do some days not to lock myself in the closet and hide.

9. I'm just going to say this one more time...do you know how nice it is to NOT have a credit card statement and only one car payment to pay every month? G.L.O.R.I.O.U.S.!!!

10. We received letters from the teachers for this coming school year. Savannah has Ms. Diana and Ms. Mary. Caedmon has Ms. Kris and Ms. Lynn. My inner nerd is so glad Caedmon has Ms. Kris because she teaches more Kindergarten readiness and the other teacher is less structured/less K prep. Yay!!!

5 comments:

brrr1984 said...

Amanda-first, you crack me up. Second, I love to read your blog. I can relate to so much. With G being sick these past few days- you can't imagine how many times I admitted to myself and him how weak I am when it comes to him. I give into his every whim...
Third, Praying for Papa Joe and the rest of your family.
Have a great reaminder of the week!

Chillin' with Lemonade said...

Praying for you guys!

What size clothes does Sav wear?

Erica Walters said...

You crack me up with your stories...and I'm completely jealous about the debt thing..we're taking FP again to see if it sinks in more the second time around:)

Graceandjoelroberts said...

I love the ten on tuesday, might have to start doing that one! Did you go back public? Figure out how to keep pictures from being saved?

How awesome about the debt!

Tiff said...

SO glad I FINALLY caught up on all of my blogs (vacation had me slacking on reading these for a couple of weeks!)
First of all - I would do the SAME thing with the paci deal! Heck mama said if her neighbor didn't take mine away at 4 I would STILL have it! :) LG will be the same way, she LOVES hers! Keep me posted on your Daddy - I was thiking about him the other day. I love the princess pics and Caedmons food wars :) It's good to catch back up with your lil family!!!! You crack me up sometimes - you are such a good blogger! Also... LOVE the facelift on the blog!