1. As I mentioned last week, Matt's family is in town from Texas. Boy have we had fun with them! We've been to a baseball game, ate some yummy food, did some shopping, ate some more yummy food, played putt putt and raced go carts, ate a little more yummy food....folks from Texas just know how to cook!
2. I swear if my counter part at work hadn't been on vacation this week I would have called in Monday. I'm really counting on my half day Thursday to catch up on some Zzzzz's.
3. Isabelle is the 8 year old daughter of Matt's cousin and she's offically been given the title of Savannah's "big sister." All night Sav kept walking around the house asking Where did my sister go? Where's my big sister. That girl isn't going to know how to function when her big sister goes back home.
4. Let me give you a lesson on cousins...when your cousin has a child, that child is not your second cousin as most would think. That child is actually your first cousin once removed. Wikipedia explains this the best...
The remove (once removed, twice removed, etc.) indicates the number of generations, if any, separating the two cousins from each other. The child of one's first cousin is one's first cousin once removed because the one generation separation represents one remove. Oneself and the child are still considered first cousins, as one's grandparent (this child's great-grandparent), as the most recent common ancestor, represents one degree. Equally the child of one's great(also known as "grand")-aunt or uncle (who is one's parent's cousin) is one's first cousin once removed because their grandparent (one's own great-grandparent) is the most recent common ancestor.
5. My kids haven't been in bed before 10pm since Thursday night of last week. Shhhh. Don't tell the parenting police on us. We have continued to bathe and feed them though. We've been busy folks. At least the kids are holding up fairly well. On the flip side they have been sleeping in until 9 or 9:30; too bad I'm at work by 6:30am so I'm not enjoying those late mornings.
6. We have no plans this weekend, other than swim lessons. I'm thinking Matt and I should take advantage of the weekend without plans and redo work on the playroom. It's been three years and that room, just like all the bathrooms in our house, has yet to see any love. Matt, if you are reading this ... what do you think?
7. Do you know what I don't understand? When you are at work and you pass someone in a narrow hallway and they avert their eyes and look down...is it that hard to smile and say hey or do you just not like me? I mean I keep to myself at work for the most part, so I doubt I've ever offended you, but to be so obvious and avoid making eye contact me when we are the only two people in the hallway, well it's just weird. At least nod your head in acknowledgment.
8. It has taken me a lot longer to come up with ten things than then than it should. Is it then or than? I'm not very good when it comes to writing ... or speaking. Just ask Matt. He's constantly correcting me. And I'm from the south so mail and male sound the same to me, so do heal and hill.
9. In college I picked a major that did not require public speaking in order to graduate. I took 4 semesters of Latin, but I would not take one single public speaking class.
10. Yay I came up with a #10!!! I'm currently reading The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake by Aimee Bender. I'm not completely hooked, but it's an easy read. I sure hope the last 150 pages make me glad I read the first 150 pages.
1 comment:
Yikes!! Work by 6:30, not okay!! Good luck catching up on your zzz's.
Post a Comment