Tuesday, July 13, 2010

10 on Tuesday

1. Wow, Tuesday already? I almost forgot.

2. Savl is so funny. Sometimes she’ll ook at Matt and say “ewww”. When we ask her what is “ewww” she’ll point at Matt and say “you”. She also does the same if Matt and I kiss in front of her. I’ve taught her to say “yum” whenever I get her sugars rather than “ewww” at me.

3. Matt’s working nights this week. Twice last night I heard Caedmon bossing Savannah around. Then he’d say “because I’m the Dad tonight.” It looks he has everything under control; I’ll be curled up on my bed with a book.

4. Savannah has been asking for a Princess room for a while now; unfortunately momma decorated her room and it’s not a princess room (think more of a garden themed with flowers, butterflies, and the super cute little owls that are popular these days). Anyway, so I had been on the hunt for a net canopy to hang above her bed to give her the feel of a Princess bed. I found one at Target over the weekend. She’s a happy little princess now.

5. I told Caedmon and Savannah to clean up the playroom the other day or I was taking a trash bag and putting all the toys that were on the floor in the bag and they’d lose those toys for five days. At first Caedmon said “that’s fine”, but after a little more sternness the two cleaned up the entire playroom and left only a couple of toys out (they were under their table so I doubt they saw it). I have to say now that I know they can do it, they’re screwed! :)

6. Have you ever heard of pillow cookies? Bakerella featured them on her site a few weeks ago so I gave it a try. I used premade chocolate chip/peanut butter morsel cookie dough that we had in our fridge from a fundraiser (the dough isn’t as good as home made), along w/ the brownie in the middle and they were a hit (especially with Caedmon). I must warn you – the cookies turn out HUGE!

7. Savannah told Matt yesterday she didn’t want a pull up at nap time. Matt figured he’d get her up and her bed would be soaked. Nope, she was dry as could be! Yay Sav!!

8. We’re going to take a day trip to Wrightsville Beach this weekend...just Matt, myself and the kids. I’m really looking forward to it.

9. They have unfrozen our merit increases at work. Luckily I’m in Phase 1 of this increase, which means I’m one of the lucky few who have not received a raise in the longest amount of time. I should know this week what my increase is. Although it’s the typical 0-3%...I’ll take my pennies where I can get them; after all pennies make dollars!

10. My book of the week is The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks. It’s pretty good so far although it’s about cells and biology and well I never was very good at that stuff, so a lot of it is over my head, but I’m enjoying the story behind the science.

No comments: