Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

1. Savannah is….. POTTY TRAINED!!! Yay! A big shout out goes to Matt on this one though. While he did the hard part of getting on her the potty and reminding her every 5-10 minutes, I motivated him from my phone at my desk while at work!

2. We started last Tuesday and it was pretty much a wash. There were more accidents than successes, but we weren’t going to turn back. She sat on the potty for 30 minutes at a time, controlling the situation and never going. By Wednesday we said we wouldn’t force her to sit on the potty, but just remind her to go. So on went the big girl panties and she hasn’t looked back. She did have one accident for the baby sitter Saturday night, but that is kind of to be expected since she was one of 4 kids and was busy playing. She’s gone to Target, Toys R Us, lunch in a restaurant and the gym daycare in big girl underpants and not had a single accident.

3. When she gets on the potty she gets a very serious, focused look on her face and at the first sounds of tinkle the biggest smile stretches across her face. It’s precious.

4. We gave Matt his Father’s Day gifts early this year. Before the USA vs. England World Cup game Saturday we gave him a USA soccer jersey. He’s also going golfing Saturday evening.

5. I need a backbone and fast! Caedmon figures out a way into my bed just about every night Matt is working. It’s either he’s afraid of thunder or his bed is too squeaky (which it is). I told him we’d get him a new bed frame if he would just sleep in his own room.

6. According to Caedmon, popcorn comes from cows because the butter you put on popcorn comes from cows. You have to love 4 year old logic.

7. Caedmon is going to TaeKwonDo camp next week from 9-12.

8. Savannah did go back in the pool Friday night. We took her little duck lifejacket and she was great; she didn’t hestiate too much.

9. We found a nanny! I think I shared that here (maybe I didn’t) that we were looking for one. We decided to do a nanny share with our neighbors. Their oldest daughter will go to the same preschool that my kids go to beginning in September. We need someone very part time to watch our kids and they need someone full time to watch theirs. I’m so glad to have that taken care of and to be able to plan our childcare needs (and budget accordingly) through at least December (I only have Matt’s schedule through December).

10. I’m getting my hair cut and colored Thursday afternoon. I always get so nervous before – what if it doesn’t turn out right? Ahhhh!

No comments: