Tuesday, May 4, 2010

What's a happening Hot Stuff???

{Before I get started, does anyone know what movie "What's a happening Hot Stuff is from? I'll give you a hint...Molly Ringwald...}

Savannah does not want to get married EVER. She does want to be a momma, but does not want to have kids. Figure that one out....???

The anniversay our first date (mine and Matt's) is this Friday...eight years. We went for ice cream and to see Spiderman. Ironically Matt had taken another girl to see Spiderman the night before. I don't think I'll ever let him live that down.

For you who are wondering...Matt and I first met at the Rec Center in college. He used to swipe my one card. In a twist of fate, Molly (the dog) chewed my one card; this gave Matt the opportunity to talk to me. After months of swiping my one card we ran into each other while selling our books back. He asked me out and I took a rain check (I had a boyfriend at the time...sorry Brad).

Well you kind of know how it ended because we've been together eight years Friday.

The kids now have chore charts. They work on commission...$1 per week. I believe that kind of child labor is illegal in all 5o states.

Savannah slapped our neighbor friend (she's 3) right across the cheek the other day. As soon as Sophia told us Savannah hit her I went upstairs to get to the bottom of it. I found both tucked in a corner; Caedmon with his back against the wall and Savannah squatting in front of him. Caedmon was quick to point to Savannah and let me know "Sissy did it; Sissy hit 'Phia." By the look on Savannah's face I know she knew she was in trouble. I made her apologize to Sophia, give her a hug and clean up their mess; then we went home. On the way home Caedmon proceeded to tell me Sophia had taken a piece of (plastic, play) cake out of his hands and Savannah then hit Sophia. Part of me is proud that Savannah stood up for Caedmon (sorry Chris & Grace, but you'll understand the first time Sohpia stands up for Isabella); the other part of me is sad Caedmon was so quick to rat out his sister. Of course the ultimate victim here is Sophia. We'll play nice next time Sophia!

If you don't have plans this Friday night, you should hang out with us. A friend of ours and his brother in law (who happens to have played with the likes of Santana, Sting and Whitney Houston) will be playing 'unplugged'. Uh, one agreement w/ Matt in regards to this blog is that I can't be too specific with our location, so if you want to come out leave me a comment and I'll get back to you with the location.

Eh, that's all I can think of right now. Oh wait, here's a shamless request...over the last week I've had over 400 hits on my blog. Folks, leave me some love! Let me know you are out there. Leave a comment. Become a follower, it only takes a few clicks. Maybe I need to have a giveaway or something. Just let me know I'm not blogging to just my mom!

Have a great day. I get to have a tea party with my favorite two year old today. I love the little things her preschool does for us parents!

6 comments:

Erica Walters said...

Congrats on 8 years!! Oh, and I know what you mean. Nixon always takes up for Landon. Part of me wants Landon to be a big brother and take up for himself, but then I'm also proud of Nixon for being tough:)

ALC said...

Sixteen Candles of course ;)

I love your blog.

AC said...

Sixteen Candles of course ;)

I love your blog.

Me Again said...

Sorry I am leaving 3 comments. The first duplicate was a mistake ;)

Jill and Paul Johnson said...

I read your blog all the time it makes me smile not trying to be corny but I like it. Congrats on 8 years!!

Chillin' with Lemonade said...

8 years! That's wonderful! So, if you took a raincheck, how did you finally end up on a date?