1. Schools out for the summer; if only work was.
2. Caedmon is using new words right and left these days. He’s not always using them correctly, but I give him credit for trying. This morning he asked if he could play on his wooden exception during rest time. Your what? “Uh, you know that thing in my room that I used when I was a baby.” He’s talking about a built in wooden desk that is in his room; it was part of the house when we moved in three years ago so we just used it as a changing table. Today it’s role is a race track.
3. He’s also the next Napolean Dynomite. Last night he created a new animal; it’s called an Octo-dile. It's pretty much his favorite animal. It's like an octopus and a crocodile mixed... Gosh!
4. This is all I’m going to say on the topic of Potty training…and then I’m going to stop beating myself up. I’m ready for Sister Sav to be potty trained, but she’s not ready. I’d rather knock it out over a weekend when she is ready than to make going to the potty a battle and it take us 6 plus months to potty train her because she wasn’t ready in the first place. There I said it. I’ll continue to buy diapers until then. And to be completely honest, I’ll miss the smell of Luvs diapers when she is potty trained (of course I'm talking about clean diapers here).
5. I finished my Fraud Claims Law course last Friday. I’m done. I did it in 2 months. It sucked, every stinking minute of it. And oddly enough, I don’t feel as smart as I should based on the reaction of my superiors when I told them I had finished the course (and in record time by the way). You would have thought I’d discovered the cure for cancer the way people in the office were congratulating me. Maybe they didn't have much faith in my to start? :)
6. I hit a parked car. OMG. How could I forget that. It was a BMW too! And it belonged to one of the VPs I work with. Luckily the damage is minimal, but it still sucked!
7. Matt’s working this weekend, Memorial Day weekend. I’ve decided to head to the lake with my parents for a night. The kids will have fun since there will be other kids around. I do worry about Sister Sav trying to keep up with the big kids on her little tricycle w/ a broken wrist, but I can’t go around holding her back just because she’s my baby.
8. I’m only doing this 10 on Tuesday thing for my BFF, Amanda. So thank her for your entertainment.
9. I’m so excited! A friend that I went to college with and lived with for a year is moving back, hopefully. She and her husband will be in town the first weekend in June and we plan on getting together. She’s got two little boys; one is Sister Sav’s age and the other is about 1.5 yr old. I can’t wait for Caedmon to teach Miles and Brady bad habits! And Sav, well she’ll get her first boyfriend! I already have plans for these two boys so they better end up in this area.
10. My favorite time of day with Savannah is at night, when I'm tucking her into bed. It's not because I'm about to get a quiet two plus hours to myself. It's because she asks me to sing to her and trust me I don't have the voice of an angel. But it's our time together and recently she's been singing along with me. The tears well up in my eyes everynight when she sings along.
She'll ask for the "girl song" which is Sunrise, Sunset from Fiddler on the Roof. Then we may do the "sun song" which is You are my Sunshine. Sometimes be do the "looking glass song" which is Hush Little Baby and we usually wrap up our show with some Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. I remember the days, errrr well nights probably, when my mom sang these songs to me. And one day, hopefully, Savannah will sing them to her daughter.
3 comments:
Ahh that made me smile from ear to ear. We are so excited to be moving in the area as well. The boys are ready and need a little new tricks up their sleeves. Can't wait to see you guys soon.!!!
YAY! not only a 10 on Tuesday but a shout out to go along with it ;)
Don't stress about PTing...she'll get it and then you'll wonder why you were ever worried. Besides, cleaning up accidents is sucky!
Singing to you girls and then your singing along was a favorite time of mine also with each of you. Even when you were 12 years old. Hugs. m
Post a Comment