Wednesday, April 21, 2010

My tardy 10 on ... Wednesday

1. My sweet Savannah is back. She was a complete joy tonight. This is a HUGE improvement from the last six days when I contemplated committing myself.

2. However, she passed the psycho stick off to Caedmon today. In a matter of 90 seconds he went from being content to slamming and locking his door, yelling he didn't love me today, to apologizing and asking for his Leapster (a gameboy for four year olds), to crying that he was sick with a cough that turned into "my body hurts" which then turned into "my legs hurt", which then turned into him asking for books and requesting that he read me a story, to full on hysterics again. All in less than two minutes, I kid you not.

3. Sometimes I wonder how I stay sane. Or maybe crazy people don't realize they're crazy. That would mean that because I think I'm sane, I'm actually crazy but just in denial.

4. I washed all the base boards in the house Monday night. Who does this? What bored soul made the decision that base boards needed to be washed? Oddly enough, I'm very pleased with the outcome. Last night I was adventurous and scrubbed the bathrooms. It's getting a little wild here; I may need an intervention.

5. Cheese Croissants and a Coke plus oranges. What's that you ask? When I was pregnant with Savannah I had a Cheese Croissant and a coke probably every morning for half my pregnancy (the other half was a plain biscuit from McDonalds w/ a coke... it was an expensive pregnancy). When I was pregnant with Caedmon I ate oranges (along w/ rice and twix bars) like it was my job....I ate both those foods today. No I'm not pregnant.

6. It's 6:55pm and both the kids are in bed. Savannah is actually asleep; I rubbed her head (and ear) until she fell asleep. Caedmon is no longer psycho nor is he asleep, but he is quiet in his room. You see neither had naps today (at my request because no nap is better than a late nap because then they don't fall asleep until 10pm), so an early bedtime was much needed.

7. Matt and I are going to see Wicked this weekend. I'm excited.

8. I'm addicted to requesting books from our local library. It's super easy and I can do it all on line. I just hate when I request a book and I'm told I'm the 573rd requestor. It's kind of a blow since I'm an instant gratification kind of gal.

9. I need to liven my blog up. I feel like I'm in a blogging funk. I have funny thoughts, but I think I'm the only one that would get my joke. Or I think of things to blog about but then I think it may be crossing some TMI or contraversial line. While I'm all for everyone having their own opinion and respecting other people's opinion, I have a very hard time phrasing what I want to say. Not to mention if I ever had to defend my opinions....oy!

10. I picked a major in college where I did not have to take public speaking. I went through four years in High School and four semesters in college of Latin (an unspoken language, notice a trend....) but I would not take public speaking.

No comments: