1. Caedmon told me that he was going to throw me, Sissy and the TV away and then he was going to go sit……on a rock with Daddy. As you can imagine this was after three days without a nap and staying up late.
2. Savannah has added a new member to her bunny family. Her name is Douglas and she’s rather cute (you can see her in the 2nd to last picture in the post below).
3. Both Caedmon and Savannah loved the baby goats; however, neither wanted to hold one. One of the mama goats would kind of nuzzle the kids (err my kids, not the goat kids) with her head. I’m sure it didn’t hurt them but C & S didn’t care for being bullied around in the goat pin.
4. The hotel we stayed in this weekend had a pool, so of course the kids wanted to go swimming at night. Caedmon is 4 and he is still a spaz in the water. Last summer, he basically failed his swimming lessons because he could never master his swimming arms and kicking legs. He gets so excited to be in the water, that his body tenses up and it’s like taking concrete swimming.
5. Oh my, we “left” our paci at the farm (wink, wink). Aunt Dani said she’d try to mail it to us, but the mailman hasn’t delivered it yet. The first night there were a few tears, but Savannah settled down fairly quickly. Last night there were no tears and she only asked about it a couple times. My crazy plan may work yet!
6. I’m running a 10 mile race Saturday and I am going to d.i.e. I haven’t run in about 5 weeks. I did two miles last night about wanted to die. Then again the pollen was so thick you could taste it and after a while it was burning my throat. I’ll blame the 90 degree temperatures and pollen.
7. Speaking of…anyone want to take bets on how horrendous this summer will be? It’s only the first week of April and we’ve had two 90 degree days already. I mean spring just started three weeks ago. Summer isn’t for another 2.5 months.
8. I’m hoping to use the rest of this upcoming weekend to do some deep cleaning around the house and plant some flowers on the front porch.
9. I just finished a good book. It’s called Saving Karyn by Karyn Bosnak. In her mid 20s she moved to NYC, within a couple years she had wracked up $20K in CC debt and lost her job. Brilliantly she decided to create a blog where her gimmick was to have 20,000 people donate $1 each. It’s a witty and funny book, easy to read and the amazing part is … people donated. Within 20 weeks of her blog going live, she had paid off all her CC debt. Amazing and brilliant!
10. Congratulations to Duke on the NCAA Championship. There was a time, a long time ago, that I loved Duke. I mean LOVED Duke. In either 1991 or 1992, Duke won the NCAA tournament and my mom took us out of school, and let us go to their home coming celebration. I took my Duke jacket and had the players and Coach K sign it. I still have that jacket, somewhere.
No comments:
Post a Comment