Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Oh my Gut

Last night we decided to go out to dinner. Caedmon has been asking to go to the Olive Garden for a long time now (the commericals make me hungry too). So that's where we went. I don't think the child has ever eaten so much food, but he did (read: he filled up on breadsticks and croutons). Just as soon as the last bite hit his lips he looked at us and said Oh my gut. Can we go home now?

He continued to moan and groan for the next 20 minutes, at some point he crawled onto my lap and laid his head on my shoulder. He then said if they had a bed here, I'd go to sleep on it.

By the time we arrived home, he looked much like I do when I'm uncomfortably full (his eyes barely open, but sitting very stiffly in his carseat). He kept to his word and went straight to bed as soon as we got home.

Of course he still asked if we could get dessert.

4 comments:

Chillin' with Lemonade said...

i love that kid! i fill up on bread sticks and croutons, too! I think an Olive Garden Erica/Caedmon date is in the future!

HB said...

This cracks me up!

Tiff said...

he's a mess :)

brrr1984 said...

LOL! Sounds like my nephew! My gut always hurts after the OG too!