Tuesday, March 16, 2010

10 on Tuesday

1. Do you kids sleep w/ half their toy inventory on their bed? Seriously I can’t begin to imagine how comfortable it is to sleep on top of a car or a pair of sunglasses.

2. Big day at our house…. PRINCESS AND THE FROG comes out on DVD today!!!

3. Caedmon held Baby Bella Saturday night. He was so gentle with her. His hands were lying over her hands and my gosh – it’s hard to believe his chubby hand was ever that tiny. He kept going into the bathroom to wash his hands and then he’d come tell me he’d washed his hands and ask if he could rub her foot.

4. Matt has some sort of recertification this week, on his week off. For some reason he chose to have his over time hours switched to “comp time” rather than get the overtime pay. I don’t agree…or maybe I just don’t fully understand why he had to do that.

5. I rented Newsies the other night, thinking Caedmon would like it. I think he and Matt made fun of me for renting it. I was the only one watching (and maybe singing along).

6. I’ve cooked dinner twice in 3 days. Watch out folks.

7. Savannah has a serious dislike for grilled chicken. Won’t eat it. Won’t touch it. Won’t even let it sit on her plate. “Ewww-we, Yuck”.

8. Potty training and Savannah. Two words that do not go together. Caedmon was just at 2.5 y/o when he was PT’ed. Easy Peasy. Done over a long weekend. Savannah…not so much. She’s 2.5 y/o now and I will mention it to her, try to entice her with the idea of Princess Frog pull ups, she gets excited, and then pees on the carpet. I don’t push her about it, but I try to mention the “idea” every few days. I’m wasting my time right now. Maybe I’ll try to shoot for Memorial Day weekend.

9. Yay for Daylight Saving Time, but man it was dark on my way to work this morning.

10. On more serious note, my Dad was diagnosed with cancer a couple weeks ago, bladder cancer. I’ve held back from blogging about it because we don’t know the exact stage or treatment yet. We do know there are 2 or 3 tumors, and one is well into the second layer of the bladder. I decided to “slide” it into to my 10 on Tuesday for a couple reasons…I didn’t want to do a big old “look at me blog” but not know any details. But most importantly because he is going to need your prayers regardless of what stage the cancer is or what his treatment options are.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Hey Amanda!! I have been following your blog for about a month now. I love seeing your kids...they are too cute!

I just wanted to let you know that you and your family are in our prayers!!!

Love, Kristin Wooten Peebles

Jill and Paul Johnson said...

I love reading your stories! They always put a smile on my face! Just want to let you know your Dad is in my prayers and your family as well.

Love
Jill

Kelly said...

I am so sorry to hear about your dad, hon. My thoughts and prayers are with you guys.