Tuesday, February 9, 2010

12 on Tuesday

1. It was a birthday party weekend, one Saturday and one Sunday. Needless to say I did not get much done around the house.

2. My pictures on CDs still haven’t been recovered. I had one of the video techs at work try to fix them and he couldn’t. He did tell me of one more place to try so I hope to get over there during lunch one day.

3. In the meantime I bought 3 mini scrapbooks (about 10 pgs each) from Etsy and had some pictures from my photobucket account printed off. I will send Caedmon to school with something tangible next week. I mean after all he is the Star of the Week.

4. OMG my baby boy will be 4 next week.

5. At church Sunday an older man asked Caedmon if he wanted a piece of gum (he asks this to us every week) and Caedmon replied back “No thank you, not until I’m 5”.

6. 5 is my age for everything. Can I do this? Can I do that? No, not until you are 5. Newsflash, he’ll be 5 in one year and 9 days.

7. Savannah has a new nickname given by Caedmon. He now calls her “Savan” most of the time.

8. I asked Matt to pick up Valentine’s Day cards while at Target the other day and he comes home w/ 24 greeting card style cards. Haha

9. I returned them and Savannah now has Princess and the Frog cards and Caedmon decided on Nascar cards.

10. I told the kids to go upstairs last night and get ready for bed. A few minutes later I hear this whimpering/crying sound coming from Savannah’s room. She had gone into her room (lights off mind you, except for her night light) and was trying to get on her bed but was stuck. She might have been like that for 5 minutes before I even heard her because her door was closed.

11. Just to update you guys – Caedmon is doing great sleeping in his own bed. I do hear him come downstairs in the middle of the night to “check on me” every couple of nights, but for the most part he’s returning straight to his room.

12. Wow, I had more to type about than I thought. Matt and & I ran 8.5-9 miles at this local nature park. I’m talking 45 degree hills, snow/ice still on the trails, and tall trees for as far as you can see. We must have been around mile 7 or so and I was D.O.N.E! Every turn in the trail I kept expecting to see the main road. Seriously this went on for so long I was about in tears (from the pain in my knee AND because I was OVER with that trail). Sadly I’ll probably run it again before the March ½ Marathon.

2 comments:

Katie Lewis said...

FYI - the age is 10. 10 is a good age...it's far away and by the time they get there, they normally don't want whatever it was anymore anyway. : )

Brittney said...

Love the V-Day card story:)