Tuesday, February 23, 2010

10 on Tuesday

1. Yay, the birthday week is over. I was uploading video from my flip camera last night and managed to delete all the video from the go kart racing from my computer and flip camera. So there will be no birthday video. Oh well, I still have some pictures.

2. We were watching Disney nature Earth Sunday night and this cheetah (or some similar animal) was chasing this baby something (yeah, I’m a good student can’t you tell). I’m trying to prepare Caedmon for what might happen and as it turns out Disney doesn’t show that sort of thing. In fact it was so PG that Caedmon walked away from that scene thinking the Cheetah just wanted to snuggle w/ the baby whateveritwas. Hahaha. Yeah, snuggle!

3. If you want to get Savannah to listen, threaten her that she will lose her Princess, Tinkerbell, Dora pajamas if she doesn’t do X, Y, or Z.
4. Matt’s back at work after what seemed like a month off.

5. Caedmon had his 4 yr old appt Friday. He’s healthy as a horse. The doctor’s office has an “old school” scale, you know the kind where you move the block a little to the right, no too far, back to the left, don’t move! According to that scale he weighed 38 lbs (w/ his clothes on). He is 39” tall. That put him around 25th percentile for height, 75th percentile for weight, and in the 92nd percentile for BMI. That concerned me a bit (I mean he’s always had cheeks on him). The doctor mentioned cutting out multiple cups of juice, putting him on 1% milk, only getting ½ a cookie for dessert – just little changes. I admit he’ll have Sunkist or Sprite if we dine out, we don’t call him the cookie monster for no reason, and he drinks more milk than he should (but he’s been on 1% milk for a while).

He also has trouble going #2…as in will go days and days without going (Miralax helps, but that’s another story). So Sunday after he did his “business” I weighed him again on our brand new (and accurate, I sure hope b/c I like the #s I see daily) scale and it said 36.0 lbs. This would put him right over the 50th percentile for weight, which is more where I really think he is.

This doesn’t mean he gets to go back to having 3 cookies for dessert, sodas, or more processed foods; we’re going to put an end to that. But it does help us feel a little better in the parenting department.

6. The spring is starting to fill up fast. The half marathon is less than a month away. We're going to visit my sister and brother in law at their farm over Easter. In mid April we're going to a family reunion and then Matt's birthday is toward the end of April.

7. Speaking of the race - running is going well. I like 8 miles. It's long enough that you feel accomplished after running it but it's not so long that you can't move the rest of the day. I need to do 11 miles this week.

8. Molly, the dog, is going to die one day. She keeps eating diapers, paper towel, etc. One day her little intestines are going to clog or she'll choke or something.

9. Savannah is using her paci less and less these days. She barely asks for it anymore. It's been contained to her bed only.

10. If you are wondering what 4 yr olds like: Hand Manny fix it race car, legos, and the Pixar Cars that change colors! Oh and let me not forget - the Leapster 2. He slept w/ it last night.

2 comments:

Erica Walters said...

Landon got his Leapster for Christmas right before he turned 3. He loves his and plays with it constantly! Don't feel bad about the BMI. Landon's BMI was like 90% and he's skinny as a rail. The doctor told us it was b/c his muscle mass was so thick and he just needed to grow into his body some:)

Katie Lewis said...

Owen's loving his leapster also - it's a great 4 year old gift. We have the Handy Manny car AND boat -they were both big hits here...except when I step on the stupid little tool that came with one of them.