1. Caedmon has decided that it’s better to get up BEFORE I leave for work than to sleep in. The last three mornings have looked like this: alarm clock goes off 5am, from 5am until 5:35 I hit snooze, I hear tiny feet shuffling into our bedroom, I open my eyes to what I refer to as a scene from Paranormal Activity (Caedmon standing over my bed starring at me), I roll the covers back and he climbs in – if nothing more than for five minutes of “mommy snuggles” before I have to get in the shower. The next 45 minutes aren’t as sweet as those five minutes we share snuggling.
2.Since we have one early bird, it’s only natural that the other is a night owl. Miss Savannah will have a party in her bed until 9-9:30 some nights. Last night I went to check on them before I climbed in my own bed and of course she was wide awake, semi-quietly playing in her bed (she’s yet to figure out she can climb out of it as easily as she can climb into it). I climbed in bed with her and for the next 10 minutes she talked, and talked, and talked – only stopping to breath. I can understand about 75% of what she’s saying, but it’s that 25% of incomprehensible babble that I love the most.
3. I can’t remember, but I think I mentioned that I signed Matt & I up for a ½ marathon in March. I ran five miles Sunday and felt great. Today we’re shooting for 6-6.5 miles. I want to have run 8 consecutive miles by the end of January, 11 miles by the end of February, and 12 or 13 miles in March prior to the ½ marathon.
4. It’s that time of year again – preschool registration. If we stay at our current preschool (which I’m 98% sure we will) Caedmon will go to preschool 4 days a week and the curriculum will include Spanish, Science, Music, and Chapel (Spanish & Science being the two new classes). Unfortunately because Savannah’s birthday falls 3weeks after the cut off she’ll still be in two day a week preschool. I’m actually kind of bummed for her. She loves school so much now that I think she would fair well in 3 day a week preschool, but I’m a rule follower and the rules are you have to turn 3 by August 31 to be in the 3 y/o classroom. She will be able to attend Lunch Bunch next year, which I will love because it means I don’t have to do pick ups twice on Tuesdays (12:15 and 1:15).
5. Yesterday was my God daughter’s first birthday! It’s hard to believe how quickly the years go by now. I remember growing up thinking “16 is so far away, I’ll never be 16”…and here I am almost double that. The last decade how flown by. Happy Birthday Natalie!!!!
6. We’re going to be looking for summer childcare (part time). If you know of any High School or College kids that will need some extra cash during the summer, send them our way. Who wouldn’t want to get paid to hang out with the brightest, cutest kids around?
7. I’m really struggling with 10 things today.
8. Oh here you go, I downloaded the Twilight audiobook to my ipod last night. I’m hoping this will cure my boredom when I’m running, err it’s not so much boredom but it will just take my mind off running.
9. Caedmon is excited about this weekend. It’s finally going to be warm enough (in the 50s hopefully) that we can go outside and he can finally ride his scooter and new bicycle that he got for Christmas.
10. I wish I didn’t have to work. 80% of the time I feel like I do well accepting the fact that I do work, its part of the life I chose. I’m not saying that 80% of the time I’m glad I work, definitely not what I’m saying. When that other 20% creeps up on me, it creeps up hard, loud and it can’t be ignored! So many times I think about how less stressful things would be if I didn’t have to work: no need to stress about providing (aka funding) full time childcare during the summer, no need to find childcare for the summer, or arrange child care for before and after preschool, no need to budget and extra $400’ish a month for childcare, there would be more time to be with Caedmon & Savannah without the rush of another commitment in tow, etc. I’m sure if I stayed at home I would have a whole new level of stress, but at least then my son’s eyes would not swell with tears every morning when he asks me “are you going to work today.” When I left him this morning with his mini bagel “swam-ich” and hot chocolate, he looked up at me and said “I’m just lonely today; can you snuggle with me for a few more minutes.”
And that my friends, is the guilt of a working mother.
No comments:
Post a Comment