Tuesday, January 5, 2010

10 on Tuesday

1. I think Savannah aged about 2 years over night. On the way to Nonni's this morning she was speaking in complete sentences, "I show Nonni my Princess Frog jammies. I show Nonni my Snow White socks. I show Nonni my baby head band." This was all said clear as day, there was no guessing what she was saying. Can you tell she's into princesses these days?

2. I cut her bangs. I couldn't take it anymore (check out their New Year's video if you have a question about what I mean). I think I did an okay job. I made sure to keep them below her eyebrow for two reasons: #1 so I wouldn't cut them too short and #2 so I can still sweep them to the side if need be.

3. When I left her this morning she had her hair brushed and her bangs were in place. She was also wearing a thin white head band. OMG she looked like Matilda. So sweet!

4. Caedmon helped pack his lunch last night for lunch bunch today: a juice box, bagel and cream cheese "sammich", peaches, apple slices, a nutrigrain bar, and pudding. He packs his lunch like Matt, whatever is in the pantry goes into his lunch box!

5. Caedmon cried this morning when I told him it was time to go back to school, even though he says he missed Ms. Janette, Ms. Kim and all his friends at school. As I type this, I'm supposed to meet Nonni and Caedmon at school at 9:15 to drop him off. We'll see if he changes his mind.

6. His favorite saying right now is "you know what I'm sayin". I hear that about 30 times a day.

7. I recently stepped on the scale and it was way high...like I"m talking I gained 3 lbs in a couple of days" and I had been really watching what I ate. So I said "enough!". I used all my Target gift cards from my Birthday and Christmas and I'm now going to kick my own butt! I bought a brand new bathroom scale, a food scale, 3 new pair of work out pants, and I signed up for Weight Watchers online. By society's standards I'm sure I'm average, but because I'm a tad OCD about many areas in my life (weight being one of them) I want to make sure I get into shape by working out and eating properly. Now I have no excuses. I'm going to the gym 3-4 days a week and throwing in running as well since I have the half Marathon at the end of March. BTW- my legs are so sore today!

8. I should add that my old bathroom scale was about 7 years old and thinking back ever since I changed the battery in it a few weeks ago it's been weighing heavy. Come to find out...it was weighing me about 1.5lbs heavier.

9. It's time now to start planning Caedmon's 4th birthday party. I think we're going to scale it down this year and do something small with his closest buddies (um...Joel & Aiden) and then just take them all out for pizza afterward. It seems to be the best plan based on the fact that he wants to take everyone to Frankie's to ride Go Carts...Mama can't afford a birthday party with a minimum of 10 kids (and their families) at Frankie's! Sorry kid! He'll never know the difference.

10. Gracious #10....um....work is crazy busy. It's mostly because I'm learning a new role (we'll see if it actually pans out). In addition to learning a brand new role (as in brand new to the company), I still have to maintain my other role. I'm usually brain dead by 4pm!

2 comments:

Esser Family said...

Speaking of birthdays, I remember you stay that you did a Dora party for Savannah. Details please. My almost 2 year old loves dora and I would love any ideas. Thanks. kpesser79@yahoo.com

Kelly said...

So cute! I can't believe how grown up Savannah is now. Goodness!