Thursday, December 10, 2009

Better late than never...10

1. Since our trip to NY I’ve kind of been anti-internet except when I’m at work. So my apologies for my Blog-Strike.

2. The whole Tiger Woods “transgressions” story has weighed heavily on my mind lately. I don’t know why. Usually I just hear things and move on, but I’m completely drawn to this story. Maybe it’s because he manipulated everyone for so long and was darn good at playing the “boring celebrity” role and to pull this one … I don’t know. My heart breaks for his wife and his children. Marriage is a two way street, I get that, but I can’t think of anything anyone could do to deserve to be humiliated the way he did his wife and his family.

3. The author of a blog I follow lost her four year old daughter Tuesday. Hannah Grace was diagnosed with leukemia back in September. While going through chemo she suffered a couple strokes leaving her paralyzed with very little brain activity. They took her off the vent Sunday and she passed away early Tuesday morning. Less than 3 months ago their life was completely normal and now everything they once knew no longer makes sense and their world has been shattered.

4. Yesterday afternoon I read a news story involving an Amtrak and vehicle colliding. The result of this accident – 6 and 9 year old brothers died. Their mother walked away with superficial injuries. It’s the concept of one minute you’re living your life and everything is fine and the next minute you’ll never be able to hear your child’s voice again, watch the sleep, kiss their soft skin, pinch their little bottoms, feel their breath on your cheek as you hold them while they sleep…nothing. It’s all gone. Just.like.that. I told Matt, if I was that mother – I’d want to die too. I know it’s awful and morbid and painful, but if both of my children were taken at the same time I don’t think there is any amount of therapy, drugs, or some combination that could every make me feel normal and human again.

5. Man, did I warn you that today’s 10 would be depressing?

6. On to the kids…Savannah took her Barbie in the bath the other night. I looked at her and she had Barbie head down (and half her body) in a cup of water. I asked her what in the world she was doing to Barbie and she informed me that “Baahbeee needed wahtah” (Barbie needed water). Um hon, you’re drowning Barbie.

7. Tuesday Caedmon kept asking me if he could have lunch with 3 year olds. I had no idea what he was talking about; all I knew was that lunch with me wasn’t good enough. As I’m getting ready for work Wednesday morning he told me “Ms. Janette was ugly to me yesterday.” So I asked him what he meant and he said she wouldn’t let him have lunch with the 3 year olds. Then it hit me – at the beginning of the year I read about “Lunch Bunch” but didn’t sign him up because Savannah isn’t old enough for it and I really didn’t want to have to hang out for an hour in town while he stayed for Lunch Bunch. So I explained to him that it wasn’t Ms. Janette’s fault, she was only following Mommy’s rules. I put a call into the Preschool director yesterday and starting next Tuesday Caedmon will be staying for Lunch Bunch. I sure don't want Caedmon's memories of me being that his mom was cheap and lazy.

8. My birthday was Monday. 29. It was a nice birthday weekend. Saturday we went to see A Christmas Carol at the Imax theater w/ my family and the kids. They did great by the way. Then we had dinner at Bonefish. Honestly I wasn’t that impressed with it. Definitely not in my top 10 favorite restaurants. Sunday was low key, I sat on the couch most of the day, enjoying my “day off”. I watched My Sister’s Keeper… um, pass the Kleenex. Then we ordered pizza, had ice cream cake and watched the Giants game!

9. For my birthday Matt and the kids gave me a Flip camera. It’s so easy to use and carry. I love it. I also got a pair of work out pants, a new pair of shoes, some snow men plates, mugs, and serving platters, a Target GC, a Home Goods GC, and two CDs – Michael Buble’s Crazy Love and Uncle Kracker’s Happy Hour.

10. Uncle Kracker you ask? Well – I remember years ago (almost 10 I guess), my sophomore year of college, there was this old place called The Attic. It was Christmas break and there were some of us still around, so we all went to see him play. So he’s released a new album, it’s not bad. It’s kind of fun. My favorite song from it is Livin’ the Dream (click on Launch Music Player and then click on the 2nd song or you can check it out on you tube but the quality isn't all that).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Amanda, that was a depressing blog entry. I'm in tears

Chillin' with Lemonade said...

Whoa. That's a lot in one post! Why are you on blogstrike?
I follow Hannah Grace's blog, too. They have such an amazing faith. I worry about you reading all these sad blogs, though. I don't want anyone to hurt anymore.

You didn't like Bonefish?! Did you have the bang-bang shrimp?

Ps. Have you heard of this Elf on a Shelf thing?

Hugs,
E