Tuesday, October 20, 2009

11 on Tuesday

1. Savannah had a good day at preschool last Thursday. Let’s hope for the same results this week. It makes me sad to know she is not happy and then that stresses me out. I know…it’s all about me right!?! :)

2. Saturday is my 10 year High School Reunion. That’s all I have to say about that…we’ll see how it goes.

3. I really need to have the kids pictures taken…like really bad. I bought Savannah this beautiful and simple dress for her 2 year old portraits and she’s been 2 for a month now and I still haven’t done it.

4. I’m pretty sure Caedmon is done napping. He may nap once a week. He’s very good about having rest time but there is a lot of sneaking around that he does upstairs while he is supposed to be resting.

5. Somehow we’ve managed to avoid any serious colds or sicknesses and the kids have been in school for about 6 weeks now. That’s pretty good considering they had never been in a “school/daycare” setting before September.

6. Matt upgraded his phone to the LG Versa. It was pretty darn cool, so I told him I liked it and wanted one for my birthday. The next day he brought me one. Thank goodness for Craigslist and the deals/swaps people will work out. So now Matt and I have matching phones!

7. I officially started Christmas shopping Sunday. Toys R Us has a Fisher Price buy 2 get the 3rd toy free deal going on plus there is a promo code out there for $10 off a $75 order (you can google TRU promo codes and should be able to find it). I just hope Caedmon does not change his mind on what he wants for Christmas between now and then.

8. Speaking of….can you believe it’s almost two months until Christmas and one month until Thanksgiving? It feels like it was just Christmas!

9. Our friend, Megan, works at a local library. Saturday I pulled up in the library parking lot and Savannah yells “Megan’s store”. Then of course we can’t look for new books until we’ve hunted Megan down by yelling her name and disrupting the entire library….but on the flip side, we have our own personal librarian and she knows all the good books!

10. My sister over at If the Trees had Ears, mentioned a book the No Impact Man. I’m working on reading it. It’s not my usual Chic lit stuff so it’s taking me a while to get into it, but I will finish it I tell you. Plus it’s a 3 week loaner and due back next Tuesday so I have to really get on it!

11. I saved the most important for last today. Our friends, TD and Dana, gave birth (well Dana did) to their son, Jedric Alexander, almost two weeks ago. Jedric was born somewhere around 26 weeks gestation (for you non smart pregnancy people, that is super early, 14 weeks premature). The last update we received (last Thursday) was that he was doing as well as could be expected, and pushing 2 lbs. He needs to work on breathing on his own, regulating his body temperature and gaining weight.

This is truly the best case scenerio possible right now. Luckily Dana's doctor's were able to "catch it early" enough to give Jedric's a steriod shot which helped mature his lungs prior to delivery, and it seems to have helped. But he still has a long fight ahead of him, so keep baby Jedric in your prayers.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Awwww I feel honored to inspire you to read Colin's book. I'm about a quarter of a way through it and need to get back to reading it! Almost halfway through No Impact Week :)