Tuesday, October 13, 2009

10 on Tuesday

1. If you don’t live around here, it was “really froggy” out this morning according to Caedmon.

2. I feel like we’re slipping with the paci. She’s allowed to have it at preschool (so that I can work a full morning without having to go get her), but she’s asking for it more and sometimes we stand strong and sometimes we fall. She’s SOOOOO happy when she has it. I’m thinking we should have broke of her of the habit 2 years ago (yes, that would mean that we would have never given it to her).

3. For your Tuesday morning viewing pleasure:

4. The Jason Michael Carroll concert is Thursday night. I’m such a stalker….I marked on my calendar (at work) the day tickets would go on sale and because of that we got really great seats for $6.50/each!!! He's my "diet coke construction worker" crush. Do you guys remember those commericals? Anyway, check out his new video (he cut his hair too, yay!) Hurry Home

5. The Walk for Hope went really well. What was supposed to be a complete wash out of a day couldn’t have been a more beautiful one. The Walk for Hope is 10K event that raises money for mental illness research. As you can imagine, it’s quickly becoming a cause close to our hearts. The kids did wonderfully; they did get a little bored in the stroller for the entire 6.2 miles but thankfully there were ‘pit stops’ along the way with various fruits and water bottles, which kept them occupied.

6. I’m loving fall television. Hands down my favorite new show is “The Middle”. It comes on Wednesday nights on ABC. I’m also enjoying Vampire Diaries (on the CW).

7. Saturday we went to the Tree Planting Ceremony in memory of HeeJun. The rain held off until we were almost finished with the picnic. What a great group of support Erica has!

8. One of the kid’s in Caedmon’s class has a peanut, tree nut, diary and egg allergy. OMG could you imagine having to cook for that child? It really makes you realize how grateful you are to have children without food allergies! In addition to cooking for them, imagine having to beat it into their skulls at such an early age that they can NOT have diary products, egg products, products with peanuts or tree nuts in it. I think it’d be easier to just keep them locked up at home.

9. I finally did it and bought the kid’s Halloween costumes. You’ll never in a million years guess what Caedmon wanted to be……a UPS man (aka a box guy). More mind blowing is that some one close by was selling a UPS costume in size 3 for $5 on Craigslist. Needless to say, he’s a rather cute UPS man. Savannah will be Tinkerbell after all!

10. You have to love this weather 78 degrees today and 53 degrees tomorrow….I don’t even know how to dress myself, let alone my kids!

1 comment:

Erica Walters said...

Oh my gosh, I love that song, "Hurry Home". I heard on the radio that it actually happened to him in real life. His aunt ran away from home for 16 years and then just called his grandma one day and said she wanted to come back home. Makes me all teary-eyed:) Good job on the 10k! I only did a 5k and I was sore for days!