Tuesday, October 6, 2009

10 on Tuesday

1. Savannah has been having a hard time at preschool. Last Tuesday I had to pick her up around 10:45 when the director called to say she'd been crying all morning. She was perfect once I picked her up and brought her into work. Thursday she was again fussy, but we brought in her paci and bunny which helped a little, but would randomly cry throughout the morning. It also didn't help when she saw Caedmon helping his teacher fill the bird feeder.

2. Caedmon doesn't tell me much about school. I'll ask if everyone was a good listener and he'll ususally say yes or this one particular boy was ugly to Ms. Janette. But he doesn't tell me about the weather bear they get to dress, being the line leader, filling up the bird feeder, etc. That's the stuff I want to know!

3. This weekend is going to be a busy one. Saturday is the Tree Planting ceremony and cook out in memory of HeeJun. Sunday is the Walk for Hope (a walk to raise awareness for Mental Illness). I've heard they have awesome food after the Walk for Hope. The founder of this walk opened Angus Barn & 42nd Street Oyster bar....hopefully the weather will be nice so we can do the long 6.2 mile walk through Umstead Park.

4. Since Matt wears a uniform to work he's wardrobe has taken a hit. If he's home he's in jeans and a tshirt, but when we go out - he rotates between the same two shirts. So I went out Sunday and bought him a nice Cordoroy jacket, 2 new button up shirts and a long sleeve polo shirt.

5. Savannah saw her first movie theater movie Saturday, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. She did awesome; she didn't sit the whole time but if she was standing she was leaning on the seat in front of us watching the movie. Of course, Caedmon is an old pro at going to movies.

6. Matt was honored at the TaeKwonDo testing Saturday. Thanks to all the families that donated to his gift. He is very thankful.

7. After two weeks off work, Matt is finally back at work - working nights through Thursday. I miss him, but I have a lot of computer stuff to do at home during the evening that I would feel bad doing if he was home.

8. I've offered to help with the name tags for my High School Reunion. I'm a little overwhelmed right now, but I know it will work out fine if I can get my computer and printer to work together at the same time. Sometimes I want to bang my head when working on the desktop computer.

9. I'm slacking...I know what Savannah wants to be for Halloween, but can't make myself buy it costume. Caedmon insists on being a Race car, so we're still working that one out.

10. I've been a part of a private "mommy board" with other mothers across the US and some are even in Canada since Caedmon was born. Yesterday I decided I probably...no scratch that...I do spend too much time on this board and deleted the link from my work computer as well as the email account that is associated with the board. I have no will power and can not stay away by my own will. This way I still have membership, but I'd have to email a friend to ask for the link if I wanted to log in, which I'm going to try hard to refrain from doing. I've been at work 2 hours and 15 minutes and I have not logged in. It's a start, right? I still have the link on my home computer but I'm so busy when I'm home that I rarely log in anyway. Wish me luck. It's like going through detox.

No comments: