1. We’re back from our vacation. We had a very nice time. The weather wasn’t the most ideal, but we made the most of it and as the saying goes “a rainy day at the beach is better than a day at the office.” Actually it rained very little; the winds were pretty strong though (20-30mph winds and cool temperatures). It cleared up toward the end of the week though and we managed to snag a couple perfect days.
2. Matt got stung in a “special place” by some pod like things that come from jelly fish. Apparently when the surf is rough, it beats the jelly fish up and they “spit out” these pods that still sting. He’s okay though.
3. I’m about 10 emails in at work and already want to leave. Is that bad?
4. Savannah is officially sleeping in her bed without a bed rail. It’s been nine nights so far and she hasn’t fallen out yet!
5. We buried Caedmon in the sand at the beach, then someone threw one more scoop of sand on him and it got in his mouth. He sat straight up, coughed, gagged and then vomited up his most recent snack. Poor kid! It was kind of funny to watch though. Does that make me a horrible parent? I gave him water to rinse out his mouth with when I was done chuckling!
6. Savannah has quite the mouth on her. On more than one occasion she told Sophia (the 2.5 yr old daughter of the family we were with) what was up (no one could understand a word she was saying but you knew she meant business based on her expression and tone) and she wasn’t very nice about it. I think I saw her wag a finger a few times and maybe even head roll.
7. Both kids start preschool this week….wwwwaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!
8. Paci Update: Savannah is doing great! She spits her paci out by herself every morning and after nap without fussing. I think we’re going to take it away at night/nap time when she officially turns two, cold turkey.
9. Does anyone watching “Kourtney & Khloe Take Miami?” My goodness…Khloe has to be the most annoying person EVER!
10. I’m pretty bummed that my next official day off work isn’t until Thanksgiving. Good bye Summer time!
No comments:
Post a Comment