Tuesday, July 28, 2009

10 on Tuesday

1. Savannah surprises us daily with the words she can say. It’s very apparent that she is on the brink of turning 2. Every day when I get home from work I say to her “I missed you”. Yesterday was the first day that I heard “Miss you” in return.

2. In addition to “Miss you”, she also said “pretty dress” when she saw the dress I had on yesterday.

3. And…as I was unloading the dishwasher last night she came running into the kitchen and asked “What are doing” to which I replied “putting the dishes away”. She looked up at me and said “putting dishes away”. Holy cow, she’s going to talk as much as Caedmon (and that is A LOT)!

4. I’m a fairly quiet person, what did I do to get two talkers?

5. Caedmon’s last swim lesson is this Saturday. He does well when he’s in the class, but it’s a lot of waiting. There are 7 kids in his class, so you can imagine how long he sits on the side of the pool waiting his turn. Poor guy kept looking back at me Saturday telling me he was cold. I’m sure he was. We may have to look else where for a swim class with a smaller teacher to child ratio.

6. Speaking of teacher to child ratios, I got their paper work for their preschool! I can’t believe it’s almost time for them to go to school.

7. I said this in my sneak peak blog, but seriously Savannah is turning 2 in about 7 weeks. Where have the last two years gone? It seems like just yesterday we were going to BRU for a double stroller and Savannah was only days old. I remember so well the late (and by late I mean early morning) hours she kept those first couple of weeks. I remember dreading night time because it meant I’d be up all alone with her while the rest of the world slept. I remember crying at just the thought of having to stay up another night. I remember the reflux, the red eyes and splotchy face (hers not mine) from all the crying. And magically, just as (relatively) easy as she came into the world, the reflux was under control, my post partum issues were under control, our life took on some sense of normalcy…and almost 2 years later we’ve survived. But where did those 2 years go? My baby can’t be turning 2.

8. I just realized that my counter part at work will be on his honeymoon the same week I’ve requested off for our OBX trip – yeah, I’m not telling my boss that a possible mistake has been made. I’ll let them figure it out. Does that make me a bad employee?

9. I often sit around thinking of names for baby #3 (if it happens). I’d share them with you, but I don’t want anyone to steal them! Also, names I like change almost weekly. Of course I have to include twin girls, twin boys, twin boy/girl names in my list. What are you pretend baby names?

10. We laid mulch the other day and took the porch railing off our front porch. It opens the front of the house up so much…it almost looks pretty!

1 comment:

Erica Walters said...

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one who had, "What have I done?" kind of questions with Baby #2. Nixon had colic and we were miserable together while I thought about everyone else sleeping! Pair that with post-partum and you have one crazy moma! But you are right..the time has flown by and now I wonder why I ever doubted that I could do it.