Monday, January 12, 2009

Monday, Monday...

Today is a special day. One of my best friends is being induced today. She checked in at 6:30 this morning and the last I heard from her she was "grumpy, her nurse was unfriendly, and she had her IV"...so I'm hoping Amanda has a quick induction and we can find out if Baby C is a BOY or a GIRL!

I have been really surprised by the number of people who have emailed or contacted me somehow in regards to the egg donation process. I've had 2 injections so far, and they were surprisingly painless. Matt gets so excited to give me the shots. He wants to do it all, load the "injection gun", attach the needle, etc. He gets this evil grin on his face when his alarm on his watch goes off (I made him set his alarm so I didn't forget to take my injections). He secretly loves it!

Yesterday I woke up w/ a mild headache, I'm not sure if that was a side effect of the injection or not. I kind of have one today as well...but I'm also at work and I get headaches at work all the time (I think it has to do w/ the lighting in here).

I'll continue to keep you guys posted as to how it all happens and how I feel before/after. I'm really excited about it. I don't know the receipent and I'll never find out who they are, but I find that I'll ask my nurse a lot of questions about them...more about their emotional state (are they excited or when we had to delay the retrieval by a week we talked about how disappointed they were, etc).

My nurse will come and ask me "what was your major in college" or just random questions that make me feel good about doing what I'm doing. These people care about more than just my genes; they want to know a little about me. It's hard to explain, but I'll just say it again...I know I'm doing what is right for me even though they'll be another little "Amanda" out there in the world that I'll never know. It's not my baby. It's only an egg...but it's the mother (receipent) that will make my egg into a life. I'm just giving her the tool she needs to make her dream of being a mother come true.

Enjoy your Monday!

No comments: