Saturday, April 26, 2008

It's what we do

For lack of anything outrageously fun to post I decided to tell you a little about what Matt and I do, besides being parents to two of the most adorable children ever.

Matt is a Probation/Parole Officer in Durham. He has been there about a year and a half. He likes what he does, but he is always looking to for other opportunities in law enforcement. He has a Criminal Justice degree w/ a minor in Business from East Carolina University.

I am a Claims Case Manager for an Insurance Investigation company in Raleigh. I have been with MJM Investigations for almost five years. I have degree in Sociology and a minor in Child Development & Family Relations. from East Carolina University. You may be asking what exactly a Claims Case Manager does. I'm basically the middle man between the Client (some attorney offices, TPAs, Insurance companies, etc) and the Field Investigator. By claims I mean scene diagrams/inspections/photos, interviews, background checks, and all the other jobs that no one else wants to do.

A friend of Matt's once said that your job doesn't define you. For some people this isn't the case but for me it is. I've never been a career oriented person and in fact I picked a major in college where I did NOT have to take public speaking to graduate...that is how lame I am.

Being a Mother is the only thing I have ever been 100% sure I wanted to do. So what I do between 7 and 4, Monday through Friday is just details and my pride comes from my children & my husband.



Moments after I became a mom...Matt, Caedmon and myself

Moments after Savannah was born

2 comments:

Libby said...

Awesome post Amanda! So true!!! I feel the exact same way!

Jen E. said...

Gahh!! I wish we had met when we were living in Raleigh! I too got my degree in Sociology- and I avoided public speaking classes ALWAYS! Crazy huh?! :)