Monday, March 3, 2008

Spring Cleaning

Yeap, Spring Cleaning is what we did all. day. yesterday!!!! It seems like forever since I did a good cleaning. I prefer to clean alone, aka kick everyone out and clean like a maniac, but I did not have that luxury yesterday. Matt did the laundry, worked in the yard, cleaned our closet, made dinner and cleaned up the kitchen...I pretty much did the rest. Thank goodness it was a nice day out yesterday and we were able to let Caedmon play in the backyard for most of the afternoon. It was hard enough entertaining Savannah while I was on my hands and knees mopping the kitchen floor.

Big news- Miss Savannah slept through the night the last two nights!!! She is notorious for kicking her blanket off of her during the night and when she cries out her little hands are freezing. So I decided to put this little space heater in her room and if the temperature dips below 70 degress it will turn on automatically. That must have done the trick because for the last two nights, ironically I put the heater in there two nights ago, she has slept like an angel. Then again she is 5.5 months old, so this sleeping through the night thing is well over due.

Saturday Gigi came to visit us. Caedmon kept asking Gigi to "tackle"...he has learned that Mommy doesn't play tackle (I always end up getting a foot or knee or head to the nose), but he doesn't understand that other people might not want to play tackle.

We also went to our friends, The Clements, for a BBQ Saturday night. We had the best BBQ ribs, corn on the cob, and fries...oh I can't forget the Cheesecake. BTW, Amanda C - if you are reading this...thanks for sending the rest of the cheesecake home with us...I haven't stopped eating it. Caedmon and Joel decided to eat their corn on the cob while it was still frozen (it's just corn right???). Caedmon was in LOVE with Joel's automatic train (I may see one of those in his future) and Joel was in LOVE with Caedmon's CARS collection. Camryn, 10 months old, is just a freaking doll baby. She's one of the happiest babies I've ever seen. Meanwhile Savannah was pleasant as always. Amanda C. couldn't get over how beautiful she has become and her long eyelashes (my favorite part of her)! I mean I've known how beautiful Savy is but her photographs do not do her justice, seriously!

Anywho- so that is about it. I hadn't updated in a while so I figured I would give you a weekend recap. Here are a few from our dinner party; sadly Camryn and Savannah must have already been asleep by the time I pulled out my camera.





3 comments:

Kelly said...

Awwww....it sounds like you guys had a great time! As always, the kiddos are so cute. I can't believe how big Caedmon and Joel are getting. Spring cleaning sounds like fun, too. So, are you heading here next to do mine?

Libby said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the wine glasses and bottle in the foreground of the pic! Looks like not only did Cademon and Joel have fun but Mommies did too!!!

Anonymous said...

I just got around to reading this! Yay! We had fun...and I am also very happy to have sent the cheesecake home...as I was thinking about it all day Sunday!